Thursday, January 8, 2009

Burger (de)Tour: Steak 'n Egg


Naljun from Shattered Hand Server (World of Warcraft) [he's Chris in real life (IRL)] originally told me about this place near my brother's building.

A long night of questing in Northrend left me hungry, so I went to eat at the famous Steak 'n Egg Kitchen!

This place is open 24hrs/day-- from what I've seen, that's pretty rare in the District.



It read, "A mountain for your mouth ...2 burgers , a half pound of meat, with cheese, bacon & grilled onions, piled high with barbecue sauce to top off ol' Smoky."

I'll show them a mountain for their mouths!!

Obviously, this burger is mislabeled.








Plenty of big things have been in my mouth before. I had to order this burger. Is it really a mountain? Is it really a mountain for my mouth?

And does it taste good?

You know, like my Longanisa?






The fries came out of some dedicated fry making machine that I've never seen before.
They were surprisingly satisfying, but then again, I was very hungry.


This is what it looked like.












It looked good... and that was about it.

Keep in mind I was hungry, so everything was supposed to be extra tasty.

I didn't enjoy it.

On second thought, they don't need to rename the Smoky Mountain Burger.

Longanisa is flavorful remember?

Let it be known that Smoky Mountain Burger is exempt from the "Is Extra Tasty Because You Are Hungry" buff.



No juice? No taste? No problem!!!
When you visit, remember there's a reason this place is called Steak 'n Egg.
Don't come here for the burgers (even if you are dying for a burger at 3 in the morning) and listen to your friends when they tell you to order the steak 'n eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment