Thursday, December 18, 2008

Burger Tour DC Stop 1: Clyde's


Clyde's in Bethesda (it's actually in Friendship Heights but everyone just says Bethesda)
Each Clyde's has a theme. This location had a transportation theme complete with model planes, boats and an oval track bar.




My brother recommended the "Smitty's Melt" so I went ahead and order that along with a beer called "Magic Hat #9.

The Smitty Melt was so good I forgot what the Magic Hat tasted like. I was too busy enjoying the bacon, egg and garlic mayonnaise in the Smitty Melt.

I ordered it medium and it was spot on. Perfect meat and just the right amount of fatty juice.


They serve the water here in a pre-chilled heavy metal container.
It's a nice touch.


Haven't had egg in my burger for awhile.



Whatever melted smitty is, it's good!
The garlic mayo was good too!

We finished the meal with an order of mango sorbet, awesome butterscotch pudding, and a creme brulee my dad couldn't resist eating before I could snap a photo.




My Clyde's Smitty Melt Rating: You need to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment