Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I stay to the Left on escalators




My brother picked me up from the airport and we took the awesome DC metro (underground eletric train) home.  It's been 3.5 years since I've rode metro.

I quickly remembered how to navigate like an asshole through the Metro crowds.

By asshole I mean "person that lives on the east coast."

===


A thing I do miss about riding the Metro are the fast lanes on the long escalators used to access the Metro system from all stops.

Here the escalator rides can be up to a minute long.  Slow traffic will yield to faster traffic by positioning to the right.  If you want to ride (not briskly walk up) an escalator in this town, you better damn well make sure you aren't hogging the passing lane.

Washington D.C. escalators are just like the German autobahn.





No comments:

Post a Comment